Website Strain Measurement Devices
Job Title: Senior Sales Engineer | Reports to: VP of Sales
Summary: Be the key point of contact for clients, answering queries, provide technical advice and introduce new products. Sell business goods or services, the selling of which requires a technical background equivalent to a baccalaureate degree in engineering. Develop operating strategies, plans, and procedures by performing the following activities:
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops the ability to manage new and existing customer accounts with the capability of uncovering and identifying new business opportunities.
- Obtains an understanding of customer needs, design, and value drivers.
- Develops a core understanding of products lines within the company and their related applications.
- Participate in the new product development process to provide insight from the sales/engineering standpoint into product selection and pricing.
- Evaluate and review customer requests for product modifications in conjunction with existing suppliers.
- Preparing proposals and quotations
- Identifying and establishing new business
- Organizing sales visits
- Liaising with existing clients
- providing pre-sales and post-sales support
- negotiating contracts, terms and conditions
- reviewing cost and sales performance
- writing reports and sales literature
- attending trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Review major customer complaints and recommend corrective action to the applicable business unit and function.
- Travel to customer locations to assist with sales calls, as needed.
- Facilitate meetings to discuss project progress, problem solving techniques, to ensure compliance and project is on target to meeting timelines.
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
- Sell products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation including assessing equipment needs and determining system requirements.
- Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Create sales contracts for products or services.
- Visit prospective buyers at commercial, industrial, or other establishments to show samples or catalogs, and to inform them about product pricing, availability, and advantages.
- Research and identify potential customers for products or services.
- Recommend improved materials, product or options to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase production.
- Develop sales plans to introduce products in new markets.
- Diagnose problems with installed equipment.
- Provide information needed for the development of custom-made products.
- Attend Trade shows to promote product line.
- Selling or Influencing Others
- Interacting With Computers
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Estimating the Quantifiable Characteristics of Products, Events, or Information
- Advise customers on the use of products or services.
- Attend events to develop professional knowledge.
- Gather customer or product information to determine customer needs.
- Maintain records of sales or other business transactions.
- Monitor market conditions or trends.
- Prepare financial documents, reports, or budgets.
- Share sales-related or market information with colleagues.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and move towards a common vision or goal
- Ability to guide, direct and motivate subordinates
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work of self and others
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships
- Conflict resolution skills
- Negotiation skills
- Listening skills
- Reading comprehension
- Analytical skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Troubleshooting skills
- Systems analysis & evaluation skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the following computer applications:
- Word Processing Software – Microsoft Word
- Spreadsheet Software – Microsoft Excel
- Presentation Software – Microsoft Power Point
- Computer Aided Design CAD Software – Solidworks, AutoCAD Inventor, etc.
- Desktop Publishing Software – Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Inventory management software
- Project management software
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years of related experience required.
- Experience with Float Level Switches and Electrical relays a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals; runs the risk of electrical shock; may be exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
55 Barnes Industrial Park N, Wallingford, CT 06492
Resumes must be submitted in PDF format, email resume to [email protected].